Syria Muslim Brotherhood Rejects Pentagon Arming of YPG Separatist Kurdish Fighters
|Thursday, May 11,2017 12:06|
Following the announcement by the US Department of Defense (the Pentagon) of the White House's approval for arming the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) in Syria, we the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria would like to clarify the following:
1. We consider the Kurds as a major component of the fabric of the Syrian people and an integral part of the common Syrian homeland.
2. We stress that this decision serves the idea of dividing Syria; and empowers and strengthens the terrorist organizations that have a separatist agenda in the region.
3. We consider Kurdish militias (BYD) practices to be in violation of international laws. They commit crimes including murder and displacement against the people of the areas they seize in the north of Syria with the assistance and support of the Assad regime and US support with weapons and equipment.
4. The Free Syrian Army – with its popular support – is the only party capable of liberating the country from the Assad regime and all terrorist organizations.
5. Any support for organizations that practice terrorism, systematic killing and systematic ethnic displacement serves only to prolong and spread chaos and terrorism in Syria.
In conclusion, we call on all countries that support freedom and human rights to respect Syrians' rights. We call upon all Syrians to stand united against injustice, whatever its source.
Muslim Brotherhood in Syria
Wednesday – May 10, 2017