In commemoration of the second anniversary of the 17th December revolution, the spark that lit the Arab Spring, which brought back hope to the hearts of all those seeking liberation from despotism, Ennahdha Party SidiBouzid Branch:
1. Prays for the souls of the martyrs who gave their lives
in the struggle for freedom and dignity.
2. Salutes the cumulative struggles of all Tunisian generations throughout decades of dictatorship, for the sake of freedom and social justice and their commitment to the country's identity.
3. Calls upon the government to officially adopt 17 December as the beginning of the Tunisian revolution.
4. Stresses its commitment to the completion of achieving the aims of the revolution in combating corruption and ensuring fair distribution of wealth so as to give priority to deprived sectors and regions and put an end to discrimination and marginalisation.
5. Calls upon all Tunisians to protect their revolution from all dangers and to remain committed to dialogue and consensus-seeing in dealing with all their differences, in harmony with the spirit of the revolution.
6. Calls on all Tunisians to make of the 17th of December a day of celebration of the revolution and emphasis on its principles and values, and to designate Sidibouzid and the capital Tunis as starting point of these country-wide celebrations.
Sidibouzid Regional Branch Executive Committee